Redfield City Hall
Open Monday–Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Building permits can be obtained at City Hall during regular business hours.
Building Permits are required for All types of Construction including concrete. There is NO minimum construction cost. A building permit is required even if the supplies and labor are free. Please keep in mind that a building permit will not be issued until all required information has been provided and it has been determined that the project meets city codes. If a variance or special exception is needed it could take 4 – 8 weeks before a building permit can be issued. Refer to the municipal codes for specific regulations.
- 15.04.081 – Building Permit fee.
|Application Permit or Administrative Form • Estimated Construction Cost:||Amount of Fee, Payable to the City of Redfield|
|$80,001 or more||1/10 of 1% (.001) construction cost|
- Building Permits are good for 2 years if the work is started within 90 days.
- Building Removal Permit fee is $10.00
- 17.04.050 - Zoning application fees.
Application for Variance from Zoning Ordinance
Application for Special Exception from Zoning Ordinance (including notification of proposed Zoning Amendment letters)
Petition for Rezoning (including notification of proposed Zoning Amendment letters)
Application for Variance from Subdivision Regulations
Notice of Appeal
Preliminary Plat Application Fee
Restricted Use Site (DUMP) Hours:
- Location: 38449 172nd Street (West on US Hwy 212 then North on Spink County Road 17 (385th Avenue)
and then west on the township road (172nd Street).
- Winter Hours (Saturdays): 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Closed 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. for Lunch
- Summer Hours (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays): 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Closed 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. for Lunch
- CLOSED Holidays and Easter weekend, July 4th weekend, and Labor Day weekend
- Dump Permits: are purchased at City Hall and issued for a calendar year. $75.00 per year /gate fees apply or $250.00/gate fees are waved
- Gate Fees: $2.00 small loads, $5.00 large loads, $5.00/ car tire (up to 20 inches), $10.00/ truck tire (20 inches and above) Gate Fees are payable at the time of entrance.
From time to time the City Council authorizes free dumping. These privileges apply only to City of Redfield resident customers who pay a monthly landfill charge on their city utility bill or those holding a special landfill permit. Tire disposal is NOT INCLUDED as part of free dumping.
Concrete, bricks, rock, concrete blocks, asphalt shingles, furniture, mattresses, carpet, sheetrock, scrap lumber, untreated wood, wood shingles, trees, tree branches, unbagged leaves and grass, refrigerators, freezers, & air conditioners (must have Freon removed and be tagged), washers, dryers, stoves, water heaters, & other scrap metal
Paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, insulation, garden hose, tires or any rubber product, tin cans, fiberglass, raw garbage/household garbage, paint cans, styrofoam, clothes, ceiling tiles, fuel tanks, fencing wire, TV's, fish tanks, ashes, petroleum products.
Snow Alerts & Emergency Notifications
Snow Alert & Emergency Notifications will be announced by the following:
TV Stations: KELO, KSFY, & KDLT.
Radio Stations: Hub City Radio ( 94.1FM, 97.7FM, 106.7FM, 107.1FM, 930AM & 1420AM) & Dakota Broadcasting (105.5FM & 107.7FM)
Nixle System: Sign up by going to www.nixle.com. Once registered the Spink County Sheriff's office will send notifications to your chosen method.
Residential Utility Rates Per Month:
- *Water: $7.00 per 1000 gallons
- **Sewer: $4.50 per 1000 gallons
- Sewer Reserve: $1.00
- Landfill: $5.50
- WEB Fee: $6.00
- Garbage Pickup: $14.00
- Sales Tax: $0.91
- Minimum: $38.91
*The actual cost of water depends on the number of gallons used.
**The sewer charge is set December 1st of each year and is based on the number of gallons of water billed on the December 1st billing.
Utility bills are mailed by the 1st or 2nd working day and are due by the 19th of each month. On the 20th a second notice is sent. If an account is 45 days past due a letter is sent advising of the approaching disconnect status.
Payments received will be applied to the most current bill.
Pet owners are required to license pets annually by December 31st of each year for the upcoming year.
Proof of current rabies vaccination is required for all pets.
- Licenses Fee: Cats: $5.00, Male & Spayed Female Dogs: $10, and Female Dogs: $15
- 1st time Pick up Fee: $30 plus $5 per day boarding
- 2nd time Pick up Fee: $75 plus $5 per day boarding
- 3rd time or more Pick up Fee: $250 plus $5 per day boarding
- Failure to license: $50 fine